Information You Need to Know Regarding Education Class Sanctions
Your Student Responsibilities:
- It is your responsibility to contact the Office of Student Conduct to sign up for the class. You may contact the office by phone at 417-836-6937.
- We require students to enroll in the next available class session. There are a limited number of classes per semester (1 to 2 a month). These classes are also limited to a specific class size. Classes quickly reach their maximum capacity, especially during midterm and finals. It is in your best interest to enroll in a class as early as possible or you risk consequences of not completing your sanction.
- It is also your responsibility to complete your sanction in a specific time frame. This time frame may be indicated in your signed Administrative Agreement form (which describes the sanctions that you agree to complete). If it is not directly indicated in the form, you are required to complete your sanction by the end of the current semester.
- You should be aware of your student responsibilities when estimating the time to complete your sanction. You should consider the alcohol/drug education class times, school coursework/exams, and any other responsibilities that require your time. The Office of Student Conduct provides several classes throughout the semester to (a) accommodate your schedule or (b) provide the dates in advance so that you can make the necessary arrangements for class completion.
- All education classes last approximately 4 hours. You must attend all 4 hours of the class in order to complete your sanction.
- A class session fee will be charged to your account (see the Student Code of Conduct for the fee amount).
Failure to Complete Class Session
- Failure to enroll in a class, failure to complete the class in its entirety, or failure to complete the class by the specified time (or by the end of the semester) will result in disciplinary encumbrance. Disciplinary encumbrance is a student status that prohibits future enrollment at Missouri State. This status will not be removed from your student file until you have completed your sanction.
- If you do not attend your scheduled class, you will (a) forfeit your session fee, (b) you will be required to attend the next available Saturday class session, (c) you will pay another session fee, and (d) you will be encumbered until you complete your sanction.
- If you do not complete your sanction and you do not respond to the contact efforts made by the Office of Student Conduct, you may be charged with an additional violation of the code, such as "Failure to Comply."
- If extenuating circumstances arise, you will be required to notify the Office of Student Conduct as soon as possible by phone at 417-836-6937. Furthermore, you will be required to provide evidence of the extenuating circumstance. By doing so, you will not be charged a class fee. If you do not provide evidence of the extenuating circumstance, you will be charged the class fee for your class enrollment. Extenuating circumstances include: hospitalization or death in the family.