Sexually Transmitted Diseases

What to do if …you believe you have contracted a STD

  • Contact the local county health department (for Missouri State University, it would be Greene County Health Department, 864-1658)
    concerning testing and other options.
  • Contact AIDS Project of the Ozarks, 881-1900 for testing,
    referrals, and consultation.
  • if a student at Missouri State University, contact the Counseling and Testing Center for support and referrals.

Helpful Websites


American Social Health Association – Here you will find the facts, the support, and the resources to answer your questions, find referrals, join support groups, and get access to in-depth information about sexually transmitted diseases.


Center for Disease Control and Prevention – The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is one of the 13 major operating components of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), which is the principle agency in the United States government for protecting the health and safety of all Americans.


The Body – What do the symptoms of an STD look like? A graphic description and photo set help to explain and identify.


Greene County Health Department – The local health department offers clinic hours, treatment and referrals to students. See the list of services, hours and fees.


Planned Parenthood – America’s first birth control clinic; Planned Parenthood believes that everyone has the right to choose when or whether to have a child.