Physical therapist in outpatient orthopedics and sports since 1987 and with Cox Health since 1995 as a Level III clinical specialist.
Orthopedic Certification Specialist (OCS) by Board of specialties of the American Physical Therapy Association since 2005
Certification in Orthopedic Manual Therapy (COMT) by the International Academy of Orthopedic Medicine-united States (IAOM-US)
- Extremities since 1992
- Spine since 1999
Member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapist (AAOMPT) since 2000.
Special Interest in clinical diagnosis, therapeutic exercise, and manual therapy of the:
- Upper Quarter to include the shoulder, elbow, and wrist.
- Spine to include the back/hip and neck/headaches
- Chronic Pain to include thoracic outlet syndrome and fibromyalgia-like symptoms
Teaching credentials include:
- Adjunct faculty member with the IAOM-US since 1992
- Adjunct faculty member with the Missouri State University Physical Therapy Program since 2001
- Past adjunct faculty with the Southwest Baptist University Physical Therapy Program
- Certified clinical instructor of Physical Therapy by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- Halverson L, Maas R. Shoulder joint capsule distention (hydroplasty). A case series of patients with “frozen shoulder” treated in a primary care office. The Journal of Family Practice. 2002;51,1:61-63
Formal Physical Therapy Education
- BS in Physical Therapy from the University of Minnesota (1987)
- Currently pursuing Transitional Doctorate of Clinical Physical Therapy (DPT) with Creighton University.