The My Ideas Faculty/Staff Suggestion Program provides a way for the faculty and staff of Missouri State University to receive recognition by developing and submitting ideas that benefit the University through saving money or improving processes.
Effective October 1, 2011, this program is open to all faculty and staff (full-time and part-time) on all Missouri State University campuses.
Students, including student employees, are not eligible to participate in the program at this time.
Recognition and Rewards
Persons who submit an idea may qualify for monetary rewards and recognition!
The MyIdeas program will be administered by an Evaluation Committee comprised of the following individuals:
- Representative from the Office of the President
- Representative from the Office of the Provost
- Representative from Faculty Senate
- Representative from Staff Senate
- Representative from Financial Services
- Representative from the Office of Human Resources
- At-large representative who is currently an active full-time or part-time faculty or staff member
Each representative serves a 2-year term and must apply for the position. Terms shall be staggered so that half the committee membership changes each year. One committee member will be elected by the committee to serve as Program Coordinator for the duration of the term.
Program Coordinator Duties
- Collect and review all submitted ideas
- Personally acknowledge each idea
- Present all submitted idea to the My Ideas evaluation Committee
- Post recommendation status for each idea on the My Ideas website – recommended/not and why
- Update Twitter account and other social media, if applicable
- Review applications for next year’s My Ideas Evaluation Committee