First-Year Programs Advisory Committee
Minutes of February 15, 2008
Call to Order
3:15 p.m. in UNVH 113 by Pauline Nugent
Gary Brock, Betty Evans, Tom Kane, Thomas Lane, Pauline Nugent, Helen Reid, Art Spisak, John Steiert, Ellena Stotler and Cathy VanLanduyt
Correction to minutes: Next Meeting February 15
Minutes accepted with correction noted.
Committee Action on Goals and Objectives
- No longer reference Goals by number
- Remove all occurrences of "begin to" and "Students will" from Goals and Objectives
- Goal 1 edited:Goal: Students view themselves as scholars and understand the role of scholarship in the University and larger society.
- Goal 2 revised:Goal: Students understand the importance of the University's Public Affairs Mission, which includes community engagement, cultural competence and ethical leadership, and actively participate in it.
- Goal 3 revised:Goal: Students establish campus connections and a supportive network of faculty, staff, and students.
- Delete Objective B under Goal (formerly Goal 3)
- Goal 4 edited:Goal: Students develop knowledge of their abilities and skills related to the pursuit of their academic and personal goals.
Tasks Prior to Next Meeting
- Add Objective E under Goal (formerly Goal 2) to include statement on diversity (come to consensus via email)
Objective E: Students appreciate diverse perspectives and discuss others' ideas in becoming an education person.
Friday, March 7, 3:15-4:30 p.m., UNVH 113