2017 Summer/Fall GEP 101 Instructional Support (optional) Workshops
August 2nd Syllabus Brainstorming, 12-1pm, UNVH 113
August 31st Tips and Tricks with four-hour public affairs service activity, 12-1pm, UNVH 113
September 6th Conflict in the Classroom: Case Studies (Creating an Inclusive Classroom) 12-1pm, UNVH 113
TBD Tips and Tricks for evaluating student writing
TBD Tips and Tricks for utilizing blackboard
Applications for Fall 2018 Instructors and Peer Leaders will be available in early 2018.
First-Year Programs is committed to assist new students in achieving a successful transition to Missouri State University’s community of scholars.
This mission is realized through the following means:
- Promoting a deeper understanding of the Public Affairs Mission and its wider societal impact through a critical analysis of a common reader
- Helping students build the necessary skills to be academically successful
- Assisting students to establish campus connections and form a supportive network of faculty, staff, and other students
- Developing ethical leaders and positive role models through the Peer Leader program
- Offering professional development opportunities for instructors to collaborate and enhance their pedagogical skills
Through the administration of GEP 101: First-Year Foundations, Peer Leader program, and instructor professional development, First-Year Programs serves as an academic cornerstone to assist students in attaining the University’s guiding purpose, which is “to develop educated persons.”
Sharing Information with GEP 101 Instructors and Students
Due to the volume of information sharing requests targeting GEP 101 instructors and students, the First-Year Programs Department asks you to submit information to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday of the week to be distributed in our Friday instructor updates. Note: FYP cannot guarantee all information will be shared; information is prioritized to align with course learning goals and relevance to first-year students. If you wish to distribute a flyer we request you submit a PDF format; preferably in a smaller file size (e.g., less than 1 MB). Thank you for your cooperation, as this helps us manage the flow of information to our instructors.