What counts as service? These guidelines will help you define what service is and what you can include for submissions.
Log Your Service
View a training video for logging service hours and helpful reflection questions for your submission.
This will take you to CampusLink! Use the instructions on this page to submit your service.
- Go to CampusLink
- Join the your group(s) - This could be GEP Service, a scholarship, a fraternity or sorority, etc.
- Complete a service project
- Go to CampusLink and click on your profile in top right corner
- Click Service Hours and Add Service Hours
- Include all Needed Information and Click Create
*Note: If a student is logging hours for multiple groups, they must make a separate submission for each group. (For example, if part fo both GEP and a scholarship, a student must make a submission for GEP, and use that same information for their scholarship submission.)
Needed Information in your Submission
Organization = GEP Service, Scholarship, etc.
Service Description = 3 parts below
- What - What happened? What did you observe? What issue is being addressed or population is being served?
- So What - What did you learn? What difference did the event make? Did you learn any new skills? Why was your service significant?
- Now What - How will this service activity shape the way you act or see things in the future? What seem to be the root causes of the issue/problem addressed?